1. Local

Christmas in the Park at Longview Lake has long been a favorite holiday tradition of Kansas Citians. So much so that Christmas in the Park was named on About Kansas City's list of Top Holiday Things to Do in 2012. With over 300,000 glowing bulbs and 175 animated figures, you'll be amazed at the enchantment and wonder of it all. Christmas in the Park truly is a Winter Wonderland.

Christmas in the Park Hours:

Sunday-Thursday: 5:30-10pm

Friday-Saturday: 5:30-11pm

Longview Campground is located at Longview Lake, I-470 and View High Drive.

Comments

December 11, 2010 at 10:12 am
(1) Rita Maxson says:

Disappointed, No manger, no stars, no angels, ..
Boats, wolves, snowmen, even an owl were included . Shame on you!
This should not be called Christmas in the park. Christ was not included. We’ll not return until he is.

December 22, 2010 at 10:29 am
(2) jean says:

I agree with the above remark. My family has been coming to Christmas in the Park since it opened.
I never thought of no nativity scene, but why not??? Let’s all band together to get Parks and Rec to have one next year.
Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

December 30, 2010 at 11:07 am
(3) Light Lover says:

I love Christmas in the park, we drive over a hour every year to enjoy the light show. That is what it is a LIGHT SHOW. Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and not everyone that celebrates do it as the birth of Christ. I don’t think it needs one, if you want to see one have one in your yard. Lets keep Christmas in the park open to everyone.

December 30, 2010 at 7:23 pm
(4) Corinna says:

VERY disappointed the displays resembled anything BUT Christmas. Rename it if you are not going to live up to its name. What a disgrace. Christmas is Christmas, whatever YOU may make of it, it will ALWAYS be about the baby Jesus… and if YOU don’t like it then I say put your own humbug lights up – just DON’T call them Christmas lights.

November 19, 2011 at 9:56 pm
(5) Madison says:

I think Christmas in the park is wonderful. I have been going since i was a child. The belief and spirit of christmas brings my family together. Just because there isnt a manger doesn’t mean its not christmas lights. I absolutely love it so they shouldnt change one single thing about it. If you are not happy with the displays please go somewhere else. Dont ruin it for everybody. That’s selfish and god doesnt want people being selfish now does he.

December 19, 2011 at 3:48 pm
(6) CD says:

This is a favorite and my family and I try to go at least once a year. If we lived closer than an hour away, we would probably go more often.

December 2, 2012 at 12:43 pm
(7) Jeremy says:

You guys need to get a grip, learn some Theological history. You realize that Christmas is a Pagen holiday right? Do you know much about the Christmas Tree, that I’m sure you all put in your home every year. Do you know why December was CHOSEN as Christ’s birthday? If you aren’t going to go becuase their is no manger, then good – that’s one less vehicle I have to wait for so I can take my children. Grow up.

December 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm
(8) Julie says:

My family is Christian and my two small children love the stories I tell them about Christ’s birth and they understand why we celebrate Christmas. That being said, we love this light display regardless of its lack of religious icons. It is a fun thing to do on a cold December night and we make a whole evening out of it.

December 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm
(9) Callie says:

i love it, i go every year. it is so pretty, great for everyone. people get over yourselves.

December 10, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(10) Beancounter says:

That’s right. Take our tax dollars, then give us atheism for “free.’ What a deal. Can we opt out?

December 14, 2012 at 7:26 pm
(11) John says:

I can’t believe any of you. The lights are LIGHTS. IT IS A LIGHT SHOW. It’s not called jesus in the park. No, fuck that shit. FUCK JESUS. I go because I like lights. I go because people spend hard time to put it all together. It’s pretty. Whether it is snowing or not. I celebrate christmas not because of any religious crap, but because it is a time to spend with family and friends. That’s exactly what is it. Get over it.

December 16, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(12) Scott says:

Get over it people… The Catholic Church CHOSE December to discourage people from celebrating their traditional holidays this time of year. Then they incorporated the symbols of those winter celebrations into Christmas to seal the deal. Learn some history folks and understand that your ‘Christmas’ traditions existed well before Christ. Oh yeah… Cool light show.

December 22, 2012 at 3:34 pm
(13) ashley says:

Who cares if baby jesus aint in the light show? Christmas is about family and having fun. Not everyone belivians jesus.

December 23, 2012 at 3:57 pm
(14) Kym says:

Holy cow!! What comments! Fuck Jesus..? Really?? CHRISTmas is just that Christ’s Mass—-that’s where the name comes from Go on and celebrate during this time of year, but if your can’t include Christ in Chirst’s mass…then don’t call it Christmas. I do think the lights are lovely though. I go because they are wonderfully done. Just call them holiday lights—nuff said!

December 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm
(15) Gimmeabreak says:

Lighten up people…aren’t we supposed to be NICER this time of year? If this is nice, I hope I don’t meet you in June, you all must be assholes.

Not everyone believes in God and Jesus. Christmas for a LOT of people is about things other than a storybook. Get over that and stop using religion as a sword against those that just want to be left alone.