Events at the National WWI Museum
- May 27-28th:
Vintage Military Vehicle Display
The Military Preservation Society displays vintage military vehicles on the southeast lawn.
- Memorial Day Observance Ceremony - Monday, May 28th Events begin at 9:30am and includes a parade of color guards from local military, ROTC, and Boy Scouts organizations. The event lasts about an hour and is held on the south lawn closest to the Memorial.
- The WWI Museum, which is closed on Monday's, will be open from from 11am- 5 pm Please note: Regular admission fees will be charged during Memorial Day. Free parking will be available at the Hallmark parking lots off of Grand & 27th Street.
- Celebration at Union Station , May 27th
This FREE outdoor concert marches to the tune of our patriotic favorites and is directed by the Kansas City Symphony's Michael Stern. Don't miss the finale--with live cannons and one of the biggest fireworks displays in Kansas City Grounds open at 3:00PM for this free community event. At 4:30PM, pre-concert entertainment begins with the United States Air Force Brass in Blue. The Symphony takes the stage at 7:30PM for a rousing set of orchestral music to celebrate all things American. At 9:15 Fireworks display over the National WWI Museum at Liberty Memorial. .
- Visit the Vietnam Veterans Fountain and Memorial, 43rd and Broadway.
- 2012 Memorial Day Flag Event, Historic Elmwood Cemetery, 4900 Truman Road
- Amy Thompson Run to Daylight, May 28th, Loose Park.
- Jiggle Jam 2012 , this family friendly event is held at Crown Center on Saturday and Sunday.
- Sporting KC takes on San Jose, May 27th.
- Abdallah Shrine Rodeo Leavenworth County Fairgrounds, May 24th-26th.