Cinco de Mayo Kansas City:
Fiesta in the Heartland (Fiesta 2012):
Please note: Fiesta KC will be held June 22-24th, 2012
The event, located across from the Crown Center shops, brings Latin Music, delicious cuisine from local Hispanic restaurants and even has a children's activity center complete with moon walk. Check out the Fiesta '12 schedule for event times.
Azteca Cinco de Mayo Parade and Fiesta:
The Azteca Cinco de Mayo celebrations are about as authentic as they get. Now in its 22nd year, the FREE event is held at Emerson Park in KCK. The celebration has everything from Folkloric and Brazilian dancing to Mariachi's playing throughout the park.
Check the Azteca website for complete event information.
Azteca Cinco de Mayo Parade (Starts @ 24th and Metropolitan to Strong, then to Emerson Park)
Azteca Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, Emerson Park after the parade until 9pm.
Guadalupe Center Cinco de Mayo Festival:
The Guadalupe Center hosts it's 20th annual Cinco de Mayo celebrations May 4th and 5th, 2012. Not only will the center host musical guests and have a Mariachi Mass, the celebration will include children’s rides, a dance concert, a cultural art exhibit, Mexican delicacies, and special performances.
The Guadalupe Center is located at 1015 Avenida Cesar E Chavez on the Westside. Check out their website for complete event details.
Mestizo by Aarón Sánchez:
On May 2nd, Sánchez hosts a private tequilla dinner, Tickets are limited to 30 persons and are $100 each.
There will be everything from live entertainment and flamenco dancers to and doors open at 9am on Cinco de Mayo with outside tented area ($10/$15) which includes a margarita or two tacos. and Reserved VIP seating is also available on the rooftop. Don't forget all those amazing margaritas, the jalepeno is my favorite.
Please call 913-752-9025 for more information. Mestizo is located at at 5270 W. 116th Place in the Park Place development.
JOCO Cantina Crawl:
The challenge begins at 12 Noon, and Nightlife KC’s party buses will take you to the four locations of Saints Pub & Patio, Mac’s Sports Pub, Tanner’s Bar & Grill, and Talk of the Town Grill.
Tickets are $5 at www.cantinacrawl.com, or even the day of for $10.
Eating on Southwest Boulevard:
On Cinco de Mayo, these Southwest Boulevard restaurants will be packed-but trust me, it's well worth the wait.
- Margarita's-(2829 SW Blvd) This legendary Mexican establishment boats a big party on the 5th of May. They'll have the Cuervo Girls, cheap buckets of beer, import and beer specials, as well as a free t-shirt making Margarita's the Cinco de Mayo go-to spot.
- Ponak's-(2856 SW Blvd) The party all day, party all night motto lives on at Ponak's on Cinco de Mayo. The taco's aren't too bad either. Expect a huge line, but you can hang around in their bar and drink their famous margaritas for hours.
- El Patron: (2905 Southwest Boulevard) I can't get enough of El Patron's legendary margaritas, in fact I could drink them all day. Expect a band, dj, food and margarita specials all day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Maloney's: (7201 W. 79th, OPKS), expect a DJ, $4 margaritas and Corona's, and $5 bombs.
- Power and Light District's Cinco de Drinko: $25 ALL YOU CAN DRINK FROM 8-11 & NO COVER AT ALL VENUES. Tengo Sed Cantina also hosts up their Party in the Street at the Walnut Street Stage starting at 11am.
- Sol Cantina: Cinco De Drinko, 5/5. Live music and great specials all day long. Making Movies 2-5pm ,Dolewite 6-10pm, and DJ Ashton Martin 10pm-close!