Kansas City Highland Games:
In the mid 90's, due to 'Braveheart', the games peaked in attendance with over 10,000, making it one of the largest in the country.
Where are the Highland Games?:
The Highland Games location has changed to its new home at E.H. Young Riverfront Park in Riverside, Missouri. The park is at the intersection of I-635 and 69 Highway in the Northland on the East side of Argosy Casino. For complete directions and interactive map, check the Kansas City Highland Games official website.
When are the Scottish Games?:
The Highland Games will be held June 10th-12th
Tickets may be ordered in advance through May 31st at a reduced rate. They may also be purchased at the gate.
- Children 12 and under are free.
- Adults--$10 at the gate, three day pass, $30
Friday Events will include the following:
- Gathering of the Clans
- Don't miss famed Irish Rock band The Elders at 9pm.
- Scottish Bagpipers
- Authentic Scottish foods as well as local faves
- Celtic Merchandise on sale
- Sheepdogs, Clydesdales, and Highland Coo's (cows) on display.
Saturday Events will include the following:
- The Scottish Athletics including the Caber Toss, Putting the Stone and Hammer Throw
- Pipe and Drum Competitions
- Parade of Tartans
- Highland Dance Champions
- 2 stages with Celtic Music and Highland Dancing throughout the day.
- Children's Games
- Genealogy info, as well as free Clan DNA Testing.
Gathering of the Clans:
The Scottish Highland Games also have many clans join in on the fun in "Clan Row" each year. If you belong to clans such as Campbell , McLeod, MacRae, etc., each set up tents where all clan 'members' may stop in, enjoy the festivities, and learn some more about their Scottish clan heritage. For a complete listing of clan participants, or if you wish, register your clan through the Kansas City Scottish Highland Games official site.