KC Fringe Festival:
The fest will be held at various performance venues around Kansas City on July 19th-29th, 2012. The KC Fringe Festival, which includes everything from live theatre, dance, and performance art to visual art, puppetry, storytelling, and fashion is a great celebration of local, regional and national artists.
Check the Kansas City Fringe Festival website for details on venues, performances and ticket info.
KC Fringe Fest Top Picks:
There are so many amazing things to see and do at the Fringe Fest, I think it's impossible to see them all.
- Burlesque & Beggars by Burlesque Downtown Underground at Bolender Center - KC Ballet
- Can't Aint Nothing But A Four-Letter Word by Malcolm Grissom at The Fishtank
- The Bar Natasha Reunion Revue by Bar Natasha Singers at Off-Center Theatre - Crown Center
- The Best of the IFC by Kansas City Independent Filmmaker's Coalition at Screenland
- INVENTION OF THE MONSTER by Young Wits at KC Lyric Opera
For a complete listing of all performances and showings visit the KC Fringe Festival Performance Listings .
Tickets are the most confusing part of the whole KC Fringe Festival. First, you MUST buy a $5 Fringe Fest Button to see ANYTHING.
It's a one time thing, but you must wear your button to everything. The buttons aid with festival expenses for the artists.
Secondly, to see any performances or shows--you must then purchase a ticket (tickets range from $5-10).
Buttons and tickets are available online, at the venues, or at the *Fringe 411* Crown Center Atrium. (411 opens July 20th-29th)
FYI-all ticket proceeds go to the artists/venues. See the 2012 Fringe website for complete details, times, etc. on where to get your tickets.