1. KC Riverfest
Held at Berkley Riverfront Park, this annual event not only has one of the best Fireworks displays in the Kansas City Metro that is choreographed to live music, but great entertainment and things to do for the whole family.
- Where: Berkley Park on the River between the Heart of America and Paseo bridges.
- When: Ongoing events July 4th from 1pm- 11:00pm
- Ticket Info: $5 at the gate or $4 advance online.
- Fireworks: Start @ 10:05 by Zambelli Fireworks
Over 20,000 folks from around the metro head to the Northland to watch Parkville's annual Fireworks display. Parkville kicks off "July 4th Blast Off" on Wednesday, July 4th when the carnival opens in the parking lot at the south end of Main Street. In addition to the carnival, this fun, family-style celebration includes a community parade, a pancake breakfast, a variety of food vendors, and, of course, the big firework finale. p>
- Where: English Landing Park, Parkville, Mo. Fireworks shot over Missouri River.
- Time: Approximately 9:30 pm
- Shuttle services from South Platte Community Center, Park University and Park Hill South High School
The Corporate Woods Star Spangled Spectacular is something to see-- the 4th of July events kick off at 4PM and last until 11PM. With everything from a free concert to funnel cakes, it's also one of the biggest fireworks displays in the metro.
- Where: Corporate Woods, I-435 and College Blvd @ 109th/Mastin.
- Time: 4pm-11pm, fireworks approx 9:30 pm
Guide Tip: Be prepared to park and WALK..a loooonnng way!
With a name like Independence, it's almost a sure bet they'll have one heck of a diplay this 4th of July.
- Where: Mormon Visitor Center (big spire), 937 W. Walnut, Independence, Mo.
- Time: Gates open at 8pm, Fireworks at dark.
Guide Tip: Be sure and bring your blankets and lawn chairs and also note there is ZERO parking. The MVC has a huge lawn for viewing, however. Food and beverages from home are also a good idea.
Worlds of Fun has one of the longest standing 4th of July celebrations in the metro. Watch fireworks from within the park or by parking on the east side of I-435 (not recommended!). The fun starts at 10pm.
We love Booms and Blooms at Powell Gardens--a fun and fab family event. With fireworks bursting over their beautious lake, it's one of the best fireworks displays in KC.
Note: Booms and Blooms will be held June 30th, 2012.
- Where: Powell Gardens, 1609 NW US HWY 50, Kingsville, MO, 64061
- When: June 30th Festivites throughout the day, fireworks on at dusk.
- Cost: $12/adults; $10/seniors; $5/children ages 5-12, Children under 5 get in FREE.
Festival admission includes all day access to the Gardens including the Heartland Harvest Garden and the Fairy Houses & Forts exhibition, parking, trolley service and performances.
7. Smithville Marina Fireworks DisplaySmithville Marina holds it's annual festivites with a huge display shot off the north end of the Smithville dam. View at the marina, by boat, or at the Smith's Fork Park.
- Where: Smithville Lake, Smithville, MO. Smith Fork Park is located at 1601 DD Highway.
- When: About 9:30July 4th.