Who is Eligible?
You may register to vote in Missouri if you:
- Are seventeen and a half years old or older, and will be eighteen years of age or older on or before the date of the next election.
- Are a resident of Missouri and a United States Citizen;
- Are not judicially declared incompetent;
- Are pardoned, discharged or released from any felony conviction;
- Have never been convicted of any crime related to voting.
When is the Registration Deadline? You must register by the fourth (4th) Wednesday preceding an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
Where May I Register to Vote?
Kansas City Residents living in Jackson County:
You may register to vote by mail, but must submit a requested 'Voter Registration Form' and mail it back to the Kansas City Election Board to receive an offical voter registration card. Confused yet? Request forms are found at the Kansas City Election Board website.
At the Following Permanent Voter Registration Locations:
- City Hall Action Center, 414 E. 12th, 816.313.1313
- KC Election Board, 1828 Walnut, Suite 300, 816.842.4820
- NAACP Headquarters, 1601 E. 18th, Suite 250, 816.421.1191
- State Building, 615 E.13th, 816.889.7695 1st Floor, Rooms 11, 406, 409, and Room G-3.
At the Participating Public Libraries
- Blue Ridge Branch, 9253 Blue Ridge
- LH Bluford Branch, 3050 Prospect
- Northeast Branch, 6000 Wilson Rd
- Plaza Branch, 4801 Main
- Red Bridge Branch, 11140 Locust
- Southeast Branch, 6242 Swope
If you live in Kansas City, Missouri but outside Jackson County:
To Register to Vote in Kansas:
You Must meet state elgibility requirements.
Visit the Kansas Secretary of State Website, download and print out an offical Voter Registration Application. Submit the form to the county election officer in which you live. The deadline to register is the 15th day before any election.
Johnson County Election Officer
2101 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, KS 66061
Additional Kansas County election officer info may be found on the back of the offical Voter Registration Application.