- 5th Annual Kansas City Tip-Off: Scotty McCreary
The annual benefit concert for Kansas City's Medicine Cabinet will feature American Idol winner Scotty McCreery and will be held at the Uptown Theater (3700 Broadway Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64111) on Saturday, March 9th. Tickets are $32.65
- China National Symphony Orchestra
The China National Symphony Orchestra is notes as one of the most outstanding professional symphony orchestras in China. Founded as the Central Philharmonic Orchestra of China the orchestra was restructured and renamed in 1996. The China National Symphony Orchestra will play at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts (1601 Broadway St, Kansas City, Missouri) on March 1st.
- Folly Jazz Series: Matthew Rybicki Trio The Folly Jazz Series features Harlem-based bassist/bandleader Matthew Rybicki and his trio that will feature New York City's young jazz lions to "spar" with some of Kansas City's jazz greats on Saturday, March 9th at the Folly Theater, 300 W 12th St., Kansas City, MO 64106
Admission is $18-$50
- Greater Kansas City Home Show & Flower, Lawn & Garden Show
Kansas City's 65th Annual Home Show & Flower, Lawn & Garden show will features hundreds of exhibits for design, repairs and remodels March 22-24, 2013 at the Kansas City Convention Center, 301 W. 12th St., Kansas City, MO 64105
Admission is $10 Adults; $9 Military, Seniors; Youth, 18 and under are free.
- Kansas City Ballet Presents, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
The KC Ballet presents 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', March. Based on William Shakespeare's comedy about the romantic misadventures of two mortal couples and the king and queen of the fairies, the KC Ballet with thrill old and young alike.
- Kansas City Easter Parade at Zona Rosa
Kansas City's longest standing tradition has moved from the Plaza to the Northland's Zona Rosa. Put on your best Easter duds and take part in their Annual Easter Parade, Saturday, March 30th at 11am. Be sure and stick around for fun family activities--with a petting zoo and giveaways on Town Square and in the Marshall's building after the parade.
- MIAA 2013 Men's Basketball Championship
The Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) will hold its Men's Basketball Championships at Municipal Auditorium (301 W 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105), March 7th, 9th and 10th. The conference's top eight regular-season finishers will play in the championship tournament.
- MIAA 2013 Women's Basketball Championship
The Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) will hold its Women's Basketball Championships at Municipal Auditorium, March 8th-10th. The conference's top eight regular-season finishers will play in the championship tournament.
- Missouri Mavericks vs. Bloomington Blaze
The Missouri Mavericks take on the Bloomington Blaze (March 5th) and the Quad City Mallards (March 1st) at the Independence Events Center, 19100 E Valley View Pkwy., Independence, MO 64055. Tickets start at $13.75 and remember, parking is always free.
- National Geographic LIVE! with Catherine Karnow
Born and raised in Hong Kong, photographer Catherine Karnow is celebrated for her vibrant, emotional and sensitive photography of people and cultures from around the world. Catherine Karnow shares the stories of a life spent largely on assignment-listen to her amazing stories, Tuesday, March 19th at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, 1601 Broadway Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64108.
Tickets are $18-43.
- Orchid Weekend at Powell Gardens
Saturday and Sunday, March 23-24th is the weekend for orchid lovers at Powell Gardens. See their extensive collection of orchids, on display in the 'Living' Room conservatory exhibit (open through May 12th).Visit this weekend only from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m, 1609 NW Hwy. 50 Kingsville MO, 64061.