The Bottom Line
- Best outdoor drinking spot in downtown.
- Great live bands almost every night of the week.
- Three distinct floors have something for everyone.
- Deck fills up fast, especially after work.
- Watch those steps--they get a little tricky after a few cocktails.
- Location:928 Wyandotte St Kansas City, MO 64105
- Hours:7 days a week, 11-3am
- Lunch Buffet:Served daily, $6
Guide Review - John's Upper Deck
Johns rooftop deck is the place to be, especially on Friday afternoons. Around quittin' time, it seems all of downtown heads to Happy Hour to listen to Johns array of bands whos beats seemingly bounce off the buildings that surround the outdoor party place. Johns is definatly an after work joint, so if super sophistication is what you're looking for, you might need to head Southbut if a laid back hang out with free flowing drinks is what youre after, youve found the perfect place. But head to the deck early if you want a seat, it fills up quickly, especially when the music starts.
The deck isnt all thats happening at Johnsthe second floor hosts a great DJ that spins music you can get down to on their big dance floor, while pool players que up their sticks on the other side. You might find a little karaoke action here and there while the downstairs is a sports bar with televisions, pool tables and dart boards.
Expect a little cover charge, but hey, you get it ALL under one rooftop deck.