The Bottom Line
- Authentic Irish Pub makes you feel like you're in Ireland.
- Both locations have some of the greatest patios in town.
- Extensive beer, whiskey and cocktail list.
- Plaza patio gets so packed on Fri-Sat nights you can hardly move.
- Locations:4742 Pennsylvania Ave (Plaza), 8600 NW Prairie View Rd (Zona Rosa)
- Hours: Mon-Thurs: 11:00AM-1:30AM, Fri/Sat: 11:00AM-3:00AM and Sunday: 11:00AM-1:30AM
- Phone: Plaza, 816.561.2700 and Zona Rosa, 816.587.6333
Guide Review - O'dowd's Little Dublin
The luck of the Irish certainly prevails hereOdowds is packed most nights of the week with an impressive list of beer (think Smithwicks, Beamish, Bass and Harp as well as a host of many other cold brews) and a distinctive array of whiskys that would impress any Irishman. Odowds also serves up a great sampling of Irish fareyou cant go wrong with the Dublin Style Corned Beef served with steamed cabbage ($7.59) or the Guinness Beef Boxty (8.95). But by far the best thing on the menu (and my personal fave), is the Dublin Style Fish and Chips ($7.95) which is low on the grease and big on the fish.
Both locations offer patrons a wonderful upstairs patio which most consider to be the best in the city. The Pennsylvania location gives you a great view of the Plaza and its Brush Creek surroundings. The Zona Rosa spot has the biggest patio in the Northland, and overlooks the entrance to the Northlands newest shopping destination. Both are great places to meet up with friends, grab a pint, or have a bite when the weather turns warmbe sure and get there early because you wont be able to find a seat after 4pm once the weekend starts.
Dont forget, Odowds serves up a great host of Live Music Monday through Saturday. Kansas Citys favorite Irishman, Eddie Delahunt, is a staple Wednesday night fave as are others throughout the week. So grab the Irish in you because Odowds gives you 'Cead Mile Failte' (One in a Thousand Welcomes).