- Location: 1511 Westport Road,816.561.5995
- Tastings: Wednesday's Wine Fest: 6-8 p.m., $15. Sample four wines, then select a glass of your favorite.
Tip: Don't miss Bloozeday Tuesday with live music from 8-10pm or 'Martinis and Manicures' on the first Wednesday of the month..
- Location: Lukas Liquors State Line, 13657 Washington, 816-942-8523
- Tastings:The Wine Bar offers great classes like Wine 101 as well as Wine and Food Pairing Events.
Tip: The Wine Bar also offers FREE tastings, check the web for details.
- Location:405 Main St., Parkville, 816.505.WINE
- Hours: Tues-Fri., 12pm-8pm and Sat,12pm-9pm.
- Tasting Prices: $8 for a 7 flight tasting, $10 includes a souvenir glass.
- Location:1526 Walnut St. in the Crossroads
- Tastings: JP's offers wines by the glass as well as an impressive array of flights for a nice tasting.
- Hours:Bar is open 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. M-Sat. Coffee and pastries served 6am-4pm.
5. Gomer'sGomer's, with 3 locations in the metro, offers small samplings everyday in their sampling roon and a special wine tasting every Saturday from 11am-6pm. Gomer's in the Northland also has a FREE Friday Beer tasting featuring 6 microbrews and imports from around the globe. Check their website for details.
- Locations: Gomer's Lee's Summit, 201 S. Missouri; Gomer's South, 9900 Holmes; Gomer's North, 6298 NW Hwy 9; Gomer's Midtown, 3838 Broadway.
- Tastings:Tasting and hours vary by location.
6. Vino 100Boasting 100 wines under $25, Vino 100 is a great spot for tastings. Specializing in smaller vineyards, limited production and exclusive wines--Vino 100's staff is friendly, approachable and fun.
- Location: 13135 State Line Road Kansas City, 64145
- Tastings: Vino 101, Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30pm ($20). There is also a Vino 201-check the website for details.
- Hours: Open 7 days a week, M-Th 11am-8pm, Fri-Sat, 11am-9pm and Sun, Noon to 5pm.
Tip: Sign up for the Vino 100 newsletter!
7. BluestemBluestem has expanded and created a cool Wine Lounge adjacent to it's wonderful restaurant. Perfect for date night or hanging out with friends, Blemstem's Wine Lounge offers an extensive list of small production wineries by glass, 1/2 bottle or bottle.
- Location:900 Westport Rd. 816.561.1101
- Hours: The Wine Lounge is open from 5pm to 1:30am Mon-Sat.
- Location:6325 N. Lewis, in the Parkville Commons.
- Tastings: Everyday, 8 tastes $10, or by the glass, $6-8.
- Hours: M-Thurs, 6:30am-9pm; Fri, 6:30am-10:30pm; Sat, 7:30am-10pm and Sunday 8am-2pm.
- Location:6227 Brookside Plaza, 816.333.6116.
- Bar Hours: Open from 11am till close.
- Location:Hotel Phillips, 106 w 12th Street, Downtown.
- Tastings: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 6:30pm. Call for reservations, 816.221.9292.