The Bottom Line
- Great mix of BBQ, Blues and beer.
- Live music played every night.
- Meat is smoked for 10 hours to make it melt in your mouth!
- The music is so great you might forget you went there for BBQ!
- Location: 1205 E 85th St. Kansas City, MO 64131
- For Carry Out or Info: 816-8BB-RIBS (822-7427)
- Hours: Open Everyday 11am-till ????
Guide Review - BB's Lawnside Barbeque
Besides BBs super friendly atmosphere and laid back crowd, the hickory smoked ribs are some of the best Kansas City has to offer. With a granite BBQ pit that dates back to the 1950s, all of B.B.'s briskets, ribs, and meats are smoked for over 10 hours to deliver some serious BBQ packed with amazing flavor. For appetizers, you cant go wrong with BBs Slow Smoked Chicken Wings draped in their mouthwatering Famous Louisiana Sauce (large $7.95). But for the main course, dont miss BBs infamous Short End Dinner (includes one side, $9.95), or the house fave, the Smokey Jos Gumbo (bowl with a roll, $6.25), a spicy dish that is overflowing with smoked chicken and sausage.
And if thats not enough, B.B.s serves up a great mix of Blues and Jazz every night that will have you getting up out of your seat and dancing with the restaurant regulars. Check the website for band info and times.