The Bottom Line
When you walk into Fiorellas Jack Stack BBQ restaurant in the Freighthouse District, you know one thing is for surethis isnt your typical down home barbeque joint. With its beautiful oak bar, chic patio and posh leather chairs, you quickly realize that this is the most sophisticated sauce house this city has ever seen.
- The striking decor makes it one of the hippest barbeque joints this side of the Mississippi.
- Don't let the posh surroundings fool you--the barbeque is some of the best in town.
- Jack Stack offers entrees for the non-meat lover..(think salmon and trout).
- They provide nationwide shipping, just in case you can't get there.
- Hurry up and wait. Be sure to get there early, especially on weekends--wait time can be 2 + hours.
- The tables are a little close together, making it seem like you are dining with those around you.
- Location: Freighthouse District, 101 W. 22nd Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Reservations: On a first come first serve basis. 10 or more may phone in advance (816)472-7427.
- Hours of Operation: Sundays 11am-9pm, Mon-Thurs, 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am - 10:30pm
Guide Review - Kansas City's Barbeque Restaurants, Fiorella's Jack Stack
Although more glamorous than Jack Stacks original Martin City location, a quick whiff of the air tells you the food is just as good. Dont let the panache fool you--from jeans and t-shirts to sport coats and ties, people just cannot seem to get enough of their famous barbeque.
A Kansas City institution since it all began in the early 1950s, barbeque enthusiasts love the burnt ends, ribs, hickory barbeque beans and those colossal batter dipped onion ringsbut Jack Stack expands its menu to capture even those with the most discerning of tastes. From the delicious Farm Raised Atlantic Salmon and Ruby Red Trout, to the mouth watering Crown Prime Beef Short Ribs--Jack Stack has really outdone itself as it sets its menu apart from any barbeque restaurant Kansas City.
Jack Stack now offers diners three locations. The original Martin City location at 135th and Holmes, the 95th and Metcalf restaurant in Overland Park , and the newest Jack Stack, located in the Freighthouse District. But remember, if you cant get to Jackstack, their website offers shipping, nationwide.
See why Zagat named Fiorella's Jack Stack the "Best Barbecue House in the Country" and check it out for yourself!