The Bottom Line
- Great Greek Food, Great Price (entree $10-$25).
- Fun atmosphere with live music and belly dancing!
- Perfect for large groups and special occasions (birthdays/bach parties).
- Not good for a quiet, romantic evening.....
- Watch out for that ouzo!
- Location: 8411 Wornall, Kansas City, Mo. 64114
- For Reservations: 816.363.4776
- Just a Tip: On Friday and Saturday, get there around 7:45, enough time to eat and watch the show.
Guide Review - Tasso's Greek Restaurant
The weekends are the best time to be at Tassosat around 9:30 pm on Friday and Saturday, resident belly dancer Zarina contorts her stomach muscles as restaurant goers gaze in amazement. Theyve also got a live guitar playing everything from authentic Grecian tunes to drunken renditions of Sweet Caroline, and a very unusual man with a dancing beard. Yes, I said dancing beard. If thats not enough, they get the whole restaurant in on the funshe grabs a group of men and tries to teach them to belly dance and then coaxes a group of girls for a belly dance-off. You can even break a plate or two for good luck.
Lets not forget that Tasso's has some of the best Greek food in town. The Flaming Cheese is a great start. For entrees, The Greek Combo gives a huge sampling of gyro, pastitsio, and mousaka which are all delicious, and the gyro platter is perfect. The chicken kabob is the house fave, while Tassos serves up a tender KC strip and pork chop for less adventurous types.
So drink some ouzo, break some plates and head to Tassosyoull be glad you did .Opa!