1. Le Fou Frog
What I order every time:
Steak au Poivre
One of Chef Rafael's Daily Concoctions
2. PiroposAlthough Piropos moved from it's beautiful Parkville location to Briarcliff Village--one thing is for sure, it didn't lose any of it's romance. This Argentinean restaurant has beautiful views overlooking the city, high ceilings and ambiance that surely oozes romance. Armed with a to-die-for menu and a highly trained waitstaff--you are sure to have a wonderfully romantic evening at Piropos.
What I loved:
The delicious Lomo a la Pimienta con Papas a La Crema (8ox. to die for filet in brandy creme sauce)
N. Mulberry Drive
Kansas City, MO 64116
3. Lidia'sWith their huge fireplace, dimly lit dining room, those famed chandeliers, and amazing food-- Lidia's puts a big r in romance. To be honest, there is no need to tell anyone in Kansas City how amazing Lidia's is-- the food, service, pasta trio, ambiance. It never disappoints.
What I order everytime:
Braised Wild Boar Ravioli.. or the Pasta Trio.
101 West 22nd Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
4. bluestemNot only was Bluestem's owner and chef Colby Garrelts named 'Food and Wine's 'Top New Chef' in 2005, but his wife Megan just happens to be a world class pastry chef. Culinary feats aside, Bluestem--with it's intimate feel, perfect lighting and saucy wine lounge make it one of the top romantic spots in Kansas City. Hit the wine lounge and enjoy a drink before dinner-where you'll feel like you're the only couple in the world.
While the menu changes frequently, I loved:
Scallops with Bacon and Truffles
Bittersweet Chocolate Toffee Tart
900 Westport Road
Kansas City 64111
5. Jasper'sOld world charm and amazing culinary delights await you at Jasper's, which makes our list of KC's most romantic restaurants. The restaurant has a warm and inviting atmosphere, and a personal visit from Chef Jasper Jr. himself makes you feel like you're his special guest for the evening. The service is like no other--and Jasper's can't be beat for special occasions, date night or just because.
Lobster Mac and Cheese(when on the menu)
Scampi Marie Antoinette
1201 W. 103rd
Kansas City, Mo 64114
6. CalifornosThis famed Westport restaurant is a favorite romantic spot of many Kansas Citians. With it's dark wood decor, warm and inviting fireplace and views of passerby--Californos is a spot full of romance. The multi-layers offer cozy canooks for private and romantic dinners--and with an extensive wine list, Californos is perfect for wining and dining.
Best on the Menu:
Ganache Chocolate Tart
Kansas City 64111
7. SavoyThe Savoy is one of Kansas City's most romantic gems--having accompanied the historic Savoy Hotel since 1903. With mouth-watering food, charming art deco decor, and cozy booths--it's no wonder the Savoy tops the list as one of Kansas City's most romantic spots. The Savoy really does it like no other-- who is invisible.. but attentive to your every need. If you're up for a quiet, romantic evening with old world charm, the Savoy is just the place.
What I always order:
Deep Sea Scallops
Cheateau for Two (can't get much more romantic!)
219 W 9th St
Kansas City, MO 64105
8. AixoisWalking into Brookside's Aixois, you might get the feeling you've walked into a restaurant somewhere in Paris. Thie quaint french bistro, located in the Shops at Crestwood isromantic dining at it's finest. With huge windows overlooking Brookside Boulevard and the Trolly Trail--chef owner Emmanual Langlade serves up a delicious French cusine which includes everything from frog legs and duck to crepes.
251 E 55th St
Kansas City, MO 64113
9. ManifestoSituated in the basement of the famed 1924 Main, the sleek and sultry Manifesto stakes their claim as one of Kansas City's most romantic spots. With only a handful of tables and a few barstools, you're guaranteed an intimate experience with your significant other among fabulously crafted cocktails and candlelight. Manifesto's perfects their take on the prohibition-era speakeasy, and while their focus is on mixology and mouth-watering drinks, small plates are also served to nosh on.
Reservations not required, but recommended.
1924 Main, enter on West alley
Kansas City, MO, 64108
10. PierpontsThere is just something romantic about Union Station--be it the history, the architecture or just simply, the old world charm. Pierponts stakes their claim on Kansas City's romantic list with their dark and cozy surroundings that ooze romance. Enjoy their culinary delights by candlelight or in one of their private dining options.
30 W. Pershing
Kansas City, MO 64108