Missouri Tax Free Weekend 2012:
Fashionistas, shopaholics, and Back-to-School shoppers unite, it's time to take advantage of the Missouri Tax Free holiday. I've got the low-down on everything you need to know for the 2010 Missouri Sales Tax Holiday, August 3-5th, 2012.
What Does the Missouri Tax Free Weekend Mean?:
What Items Are Tax Exempt?:
The sales tax exemption is limited to:
- Clothing – Any article having a taxable value of $100 or less.
- School Supplies – Not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer Software – Taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal Computers – Not to exceed $3,500
- Computer Peripheral Devices – Not to exceed $3,500
Be sure and consult the Missouri Department of Revenuefor a complete listing of items that are Tax Exempt.
The Tax Free Confusion:
There is no single limit at any retailer...so if you want to spend $400 tax free dollars at Banana Republic, another $350 at J Crew and then drop another $350 at Anthropologie, you are free to spend as much as you like! There isn't any limit, but no single item can exceed $100 (so that Prada bag is unfortunately OUT!).
For a complete list of all counties and cities not participating, check the Missouri Department of Revenue official site.