316 W. 63rd Street
Kansas City, Mo 64113
We love Stuff-the Brookside destination that is jam-packed with unique stuff you just can't find anywhere. Owners Casey and Sloane Simmons proudly feature local and international artists, cool craftspeople, and love showing off home grown products from around the globe. Stuff in Brookside has exactly that--'stuff' for anyone on your Christmas list.
Casey Simmon's Fave 'Stuff' for 2009
- Elle MNOP's Inital and Number handmade Sterling Silver Charms ($30 and up)
- Locally made Kari Glass Heart Pendants ($32 and up)
- Hand crafted Dog Tags by Hoop Dog Studios
- Wristlet key holder ($12.50) and the Gadget Bag ($28.50)
314 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111
Westport's newest resident is locally owned by sisters Emily Blodgett-Panos and Betsy Blodgett. With everything from fun shoes and handbags to jewelry and home accessories--stop in and shop for someone special on your holiday list (and maybe yourself...)
Betsy Blodgett's Top Gift Picks for 2009:
- Vintage Inspired Aprons
- Luster Bunny Jewlery ($12 and up)
- Bath Fizzies ($6)
- Coasters ($15 and up)
3. Serendipity Accents
233 S Cherry St
Olathe, KS 66061
Serendipity is defined as 'an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident'...and desirable discoveries you will find when entering this Olathe store. With home accents and housewares--you'll find a unique gift anywhere you look here.
2009 Gift Guide:
- Locally made 'Mixture' brand bath goodies and candles (top scent: Holiday Seduction)
- Robert Rothchild Gourmet Food and Gourmet Gift Baskets
- Pinecone Hill PJ's
- Festive Ornaments ($2)
Zona Rosa Phase II, on the west side near Gymboree.
8732 N. Dixon, Kansas City, MO 64153
Located in Zona Rosa, the Vintage Market features everything from vintage goods and retro pieces to hand crafted goodies and unique gifts from local purveyors.
Owner Kim Dye's Top Picks
- Vintage Flower Pins, ($15)
- Urban Mining's Vintage Ornaments ($3 and up)
- Aprons, ($39)
- Vintage Pins ($22 and up)
447 W. 47th St. (on the Country Club Plaza)
5076 W. 119th (Town Center Plaza)
This hip and chic boutique brings a little west coast over to KC. Not only do they have great jeans, Marc Jacobs and awesome shoes, they house a plethora of great gifts from candles and body wash to baby accessories and housewares.
Top Picks for Gifts 2009:
- Pacifica French Lilac Candle ($12)
- Chip and Pepper T's ($43)
- Kashwere Robe ($125 and amazing)